Hello there!

Welcome to my blog, brought into existence because I believe in the power of stories. I hope you'll find a few things you like here. Let me know what you think and leave me any verdict, suggestion, challenge or request you want.


Happy readings!

Sunday 4 March 2012

Spring Haiku

<><> <><> <><>
Source
                                        
                                         Wind seeps through spring leaves
                                         humming songs of bygone days
                                         so far south from here


Source


 
It's haiku... "Gesundheit!" No, a haiku, a poetry genre from 17th century Japan comprised of three lines and 17 syllables (5 in the first line, 7 in the second and 5 again in the third). Traditional haiku's are mostly about nature, but present day western haiku's can be about pretty much everything and anything. It's really fun, try it!

Source


Side note: thanks to you English speaking folk's insane way of spelling stuff, English haiku's are a lot trickier than Dutch ones. Just your luck...


By the way, special thanks to Timothy Cook - also known as 'Drachma' from his novel 'The Book of Drachma' (book available on Amazon 27th of March!!!) - for kicking me in the butt and making me get my ass back here alright, dammit! Thanks, Tim :).

3 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back!
    Here's a bit Haiku for you:

    Tremulous and dark
    Spiders laughing, secret place
    Deep into shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice: I try, out of the sheer kindness of my heart, to introduce you to a new genre and you go ahead and do this... Way to go, Tim, blow MY haiku to hell, why don't you! >-|

    Goodbye, my sweet self-esteem :D.

    Spring time is a great opportunity to write some more of these, my friend ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, here goes.This is more of a springtime one anyway.

    Underneath the rock
    the moist, fragrant earth replies
    with joy yet again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...