Hello there!

Welcome to my blog, brought into existence because I believe in the power of stories. I hope you'll find a few things you like here. Let me know what you think and leave me any verdict, suggestion, challenge or request you want.


Happy readings!

Wednesday 23 February 2011

The ultimate ungraspable (II) - elegiac poem

This is part 2 of 3. It is a set, but they are rather loosely connected, they don't make up one story in themselves, merely a whole under 'the ultimate ungraspable'. They were originally all part of one very long poem, at least that was the idea, but I split them up and gave each autonomy - despite the thematic link of 'autumn' - though they were written in immediate succession, if there was the complete separation implied by that at all. they are also on different events, not just the one.



The ultimate ungraspable (II)


Too much, too soon
their ends met
and I lack soil
for my dead.
winter's chill too much to bear
smearing car-crash crimson
all over my veins
my moods a haze
you struck me colour-blind
seeing only autumn
in every spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...