Hello there!

Welcome to my blog, brought into existence because I believe in the power of stories. I hope you'll find a few things you like here. Let me know what you think and leave me any verdict, suggestion, challenge or request you want.


Happy readings!

Tuesday 22 February 2011

The ultimate ungraspable (I) - elegiac poem

So it's a bright sunny day, still chilly, but you can feel spring in the air all around and that does something to people, especially after such a dreary winter. So what do you do on such a fine long-awaited spring day?

Write elegiac poems.

Why?

Because I'm twisted, that's why. Oh, that and the fact that I'm running a fever and going practically hallucinatory on pain killers, which could at least have something to do with it.


The ultimate ungraspable (I)


Too much, too soon
their ends met
and I lack soil
for my dead.
Spring lulls drowsy memories
washed ashore by time's tempest
a summer when all things green
sprung up in mutiny
and froze
drawing blood from July's unmarred face
skin-deep crimson waves retreating
revealed nothing but
a wasteland of barren branches
humming elegiac lullabies
I lay you down to sleep
yours shall be
forever autumn
in me

4 comments:

  1. You have returned!

    This poem...it makes me feel, uneasy, in a good way, haha. I think that was your intent.

    Very sensory, I love the line "drawing blood from July's unmarred face"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back. This is really a very emotional poem, and one that you should treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry, people, I AM alive, sick and busy, but alive and I've written enough poems these last 2days to keep up with posts for at least a couple weeks.

    I do have quite some work cut out for me: catching up with reading posts I've missed (sorry, guys, :S), updating the in-thread announcements I'm shamefully behind with, reworking the poetry page, getting over my fear of using public computers with people looking on (like now)...

    But I do hope to stay in touch with all of you on a more regular basis...
    And to make up for my long absence I'll post a bit more this week, including later today, once I get home.

    all best wishes,

    Stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. (note: going back over the post I noticed some irregularities got in when posting, letters that had vanished and the italicized bit that decided it liked being at the end better than the beginning, little rebel. I think I fixed everything now but if you notice any more mistakes, please let me know, thanks, ;))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...